Breakfast can get a little bit challenging when you first go grain-free, as everything we are used to eating for our first meal of the day revolves around breads, pastries and sugary cereals.
I personally feel better and more energized if start my morning with some protein, but I can only eat eggs a few days in a row before I get tired of them.
I wasn’t sure whether I should call these hash browns or pancakes as they aren’t really either one, but they are naturally sweet, grain-free, nutrient dense, protein-rich and everything I demand from my breakfast
1 cup of shredded yams or sweet potatoes
1/4 cup of pine nuts (optional)
1 tbsp of coconut flour
1/4 to 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
1/4 to 1/2 tsp of all spice or cinnamon
A pinch of masala (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Heat some coconut oil on a skillet over medium heat
- Using a spoon, scoop some of the batter and put in the hot skillet making about 3-4 inch circles.
- Lower heat.
- Once they start to cook and the bottom of the pancake is golden brown, turn the pancake and cook the other side until yams are soft.
- Eat as is or top them with coconut butter and diluted date paste or your favorite pancake syrup.
Makes about 6
3 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Spiced Hash Browns”
Great replacement for white potatoes! Thank you for the updates. You truly have fantastic ideas of how to make healthy cooking something to actually look forward to.
Looking forward to this recipe for breakfast.