In observance of 4th of July, I am posting this for those who don’t have a lot of time or don’t have outdoor space for a barbecue.
Baby back ribs, as many as you can fit in the slow cooker
1/2 to 1 onion
Homemade barbecue sauce( see recipe here)
A pinch of salt and pepper
- Slice the onion and set it at the bottom of the slow cooker pot.
- Sprinkle ribs with just a pinch of salt and pepper and a little bit of garlic powder.
- Generously rub meat with barbecue sauce and set on top of the onions.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours, until ribs are tender.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Transfer ribs to a cookie sheet
- Broil until brown or slightly charred.
- Top with more warm barbecue sauce and serve.